- BMI means Body Mass Index or you can say it is a measure of fat in the body.
- BMI is a number calculated by using two measurements: weight and height. The number is used to identify your risk for health related diseases based on excess weight or lower weight.
- BMI is one of the easiest way to calculate health and is yet not used by people due to lack of information. But, Team MedicTips has brought this Health Calculator to bring revolution of Health in mankind.
- It is often said that if you lie in the normal range of BMI chances are that you will lead a healthy, longer and happier life as compared to others.
If you have a BMI of:
- Under 18.5 – you are considered underweight and possibly malnourished.
- 5 to 24.9 – you are within a healthy weight range for young and middle-aged adults.
- 0 to 29.9 – you are considered overweight.
- Over 30 – you are considered obese.
Find Out what is your BMI below. It is simple, just enter your height and weight and get the results. Accordingly you can work on your health and fitness and gain the best results.
A high BMI correlates with an increased risk of certain diseases such as:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Female infertility
While a low BMI correlated you with an increased risk of:
- Common Cold
- Heart Diseases
- Hair Loss
- Skin Ailments
So, it becomes very important for one to know his/her BMI in order to find out their category. Because being underweight and overweight both are not good for health. So, before you reach to an alarming state, check your BMI and find out the corrective actions needed to be taken.