Due to the pollution levels that have increased over the last few years, asthma has become a pretty common problem. It has become quite difficult to breathe and that only gets worse during the colder months, especially in the northern states of India and asthmatics should be especially careful during this season.
The following conditions can be considered mild attacks. These are instances where the inhaler or other medication should work:-
- Slight wheezing but there’s no sign of distress
- Difficulty breathing, but immediate use of the inhaler helps
- Mild coughing to clear the airways to get more air
- The patient does not become unconscious and is able to talk and walk comfortably
- Shortness of breath, but not badly enough to require urgent help
To use the MDI (Metered-Dose Inhaler) filled with medication you need to shake the container i.e. the inhaler, for few seconds to mix the medication in the canister.
A few general points to keep in mind during an asthma attack are:-
- Always follow the instructions as per your asthma plan prescribed by your doctor.
- Asthma is triggered due to changes in the surrounding conditions – smoke, pollen, humidity, dust etc. Moving away from that area can quickly help in dealing with the attack.
- Have a local number handy as per your action plan.
Read more about the same at the below link :-
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Asthma Attack, Key points to remember that can save a life - March 17, 2017
- Best Foods to eat if you are having Hypertension or High Blood Pressure - December 27, 2016
- “Mission 1000” Education on Hygiene with “Support my School” Campaign - December 9, 2015