One of the beautiful gifts of nature are flowers . If we have flowers around , it fills our heart with happiness. “Rose” , the king of flowers , is loved by all . But very few know the great benefits of this royal flower on health and skin .
The organic oil prepared from rose water , commonly known as “rose water “ or “gulabjal “ can help hydrate , refresh and cool our skin .
How to prepare Rose Water ?
- Collect the rose petals and wash it with clean water .
- Fill enough water in container to cover the petals.
- Cover the container with lid and allow the water to boil until its color changes to color of petals.
- Drain the water and allow it to cool for sometime.
- Our rose water is ready to use.
Benefits of ROSE WATER :
- To SKIN : It provides a wide range of benefits to the skin. It is very good in purifying the skin and protects it from bacterial infections. It is also a brilliant skin toner as it tones the skin and helps removing dirt, makeup and oil from the skin. It can also heal sunburn and wounds. It helps to stimulate circulation in the skin and reduces thread veins and broken capillaries. It also helps in maintaining the pH balance of the skin, and provides calming effect on acne and eczema.
- To EYES : Rose water is very effective in soothing tired and fatigued eyes. It is good for those people who spend long hours in front of a computer for work. Applying rose water to the eyes brings a sparkle to the eyes and makes them look stunning and healthy.
- To LIPS : Roses exert a stunning effect on your lips. They not only lend a pinkish hue to your lips but also make them soft as they moisturise the skin and enhance colour. Moreover, rose petals exfoliate your lips and make them look fuller.
- As Setting spray : Rose water can be applied (sparingly) over the makeup as a setting product, providing beautiful, healthy glow and amazing dewy finish.
- In Aromatherapy : Rose water is used as an ingredient of aromatherapy. Researches have shown that aromatherapy can have tremendous positive effect in helping fight stress, contribute to more sound sleep and even can help us be more positive .
- As BATH ADDITIVE : Adding two cups of rose-water in bathing water will give nourishment to our skin and an ease a beautiful smell .
- To give FRAGRANCE : Intricate perfumes aren’t for everyone, and rosewater is the perfect scent for a fragrance minimalist. Dab on the neck and wrists, and enjoy as peoples’ noses perk up when one step into a room — and not in that, “Whoa, what’s that heavy smell?” kind of way.
- For HAIRS : Rose water improves blood circulation and promotes hair growth . It can be used as a conditioner as it revitalizes the hair. It helps controlling dandruff and inflammation. It boosts the scalp and health of the hair, and makes them strong and flexible with minimum breakage.
- For MOUTH : There are number of dental problems that can be cured with the help of rose water. Rose water can provide relief from inflammation and gum problems . It can also strengthen teeth and provide relief against gum pains. If you are suffering with bad odor and foul breath, rose water can help you get rid of it. Use rose water as mouth wash every time you feel you have an odor problem to effectively eliminate it and get a fresh breath.
- As AFTER-SHAVE LOTION : “Rosewater’s benefits stem from natural anti-inflammatory properties, which make it ideal for topical application to calm red, irritated skin conditions,” says Rachel Nazarian, MD, a dermatologist with Schweiger Dermatology in New York City.Applying rose-water after shaving will give instant relief as well as nourishment to skin .
Rose water can also be used along with daily cream to make use of its benefits.
- Add a few drops of rosewater to daily cream or moisturizer.
- Each time we apply the cream it will help the skin become soft and supple.
Love to read books and travelling.
Latest posts by Abhilasha Ajmera (see all)
- FAST this SHRAVAN – Get Blessed with Good Health - August 8, 2016
- Why you should do DANCING – workout with fun, the best fitness and beauty mantra - August 7, 2016
- Credihealth: A revolutionary approach to make medical decisions online - April 1, 2016