One of the beautiful gifts of nature are flowers. If we have flowers around, it fills our heart with happiness. “Rose”, the king of flowers, is loved by all. But very few know the great benefits of this royal flower on health and skin .
The organic oil prepared from rose water , commonly known as “rose water “ or “gulabjal “ can help hydrate, refresh and cool our skin.
How to prepare Rose Water ?
- Collect the rose petals and wash it with clean water.
- Fill enough water in container to cover the petals.
- Cover the container with lid and allow the water to boil until its color changes to color of petals.
- Drain the water and allow it to cool for sometime.
- Our rose water is ready to use.
Benefits of ROSE WATER :
- To SKIN: It provides a wide range of benefits to the skin. It is very good in purifying and moisturizing the skin and protects it from many bacterial infections. It also acts as a brilliant skin toner as it tones the skin perfectly and naturally and helps removing dirt, makeup and oil from the skin without any harm. It can also heal sunburn and wounds. It also helps to stimulate blood circulation in the skin and reduces and some timimes heals the thread veins and minor broken capillaries. It also helps in maintaining the pH balance of the skin which is essential to keep the skin healthy, and provides calming effect on acne and eczema.
- To EYES : Rose water is very effective in soothing tired and fatigued eyes. It is very good natural therapy for those people who spend long hours sitting in front of a computer screen for work. Applying rose water to the eyes brings a sparkle to the eyes and makes them look stunning and healthy.
- To LIPS : Roses exert a stunning effect on your lips. They not only lend a pinkish and reddish hue to your lips but also make them really soft because they help in moisturizing the skin. Moreover, rose petals exfoliate your lips and thus helps make them look fuller.
- As Setting spray : Rose water can be applied (sparingly) easily over the makeup as a good healthy setting product thus helping in providing beautiful, healthy glow and amazing dewy finish. They give the final tough to your skin.
- In Aromatherapy : Rose water is used as an ingredient of aromatherapy. Researches have shown that aromatherapy can have great positive effects in helping a person fight high stress levels, thus contributing to more sound sleep. They can even help us be more positive in our thinking and thought process.
- As BATH ADDITIVE : Adding two cups of rose-water in bathing water will give nourishment to our skin and an ease a beautiful smell.
- To give FRAGRANCE : Intricate perfumes aren’t for everyone, and rosewater is the perfect scent for a a person who looks for refreshing natural fragrance. Spray some on the neck and wrists, and enjoy as peoples’ noses perk up when one steps into a room — and not in that, “Whoa, what’s that heavy smell?” kind of way.
- For HAIRS : Rose water improves blood circulation and promotes hair growth. It can be used as a conditioner as it revitalizes the hair. It helps controlling dandruff and inflammation. It helps in boosting the scalp nourishment and health of the hair, and makes them silky strong and flexible with minimum breakage, all done naturally.
- For MOUTH : There are number of dental problems that can be cured with the help of rose water. Rose water helps in getting some relief from gum inflammation and other common gum problems like gum infection or bleeding. It can also strengthen teeth and provide relief against gum pains. The best solution to your suffering with bad odor and foul breath is nothing but rose water. It can help you get rid of bad smell with daily use. Use rose water as mouth wash every time you feel you have an odor problem to effectively eliminate it and get a fresh breath.
- As AFTER-SHAVE LOTION : “Rosewater’s benefits stem from natural anti-inflammatory properties, which make it ideal for topical application to calm red, irritated skin conditions,” says Rachel Nazarian, MD, a dermatologist with Schweiger Dermatology in New York City. Applying rose-water after shaving will give instant relief as well as nourishment to skin.
Rose water can also be used along with daily cream to make use of its benefits.
- Add a few drops of rosewater to daily cream or moisturizer.
- Each time we apply the cream it will help the skin become soft and supple.
Love to read books and travelling.
Latest posts by Abhilasha Ajmera (see all)
- Heart-Leaved Moonseed, Guduchi or Giloy’s Uses & Natural Benefits for Health - April 10, 2017
- 15 Best and Effective Remedies to get rid of Backache; Simple Health & Fitness Solutions - September 23, 2015
- Diet tips for Pregnancy – Healthy Mother, Healthy Child - August 16, 2016