Advantage of Ayurveda Massage
Most important thing is ayurvedic massage is done to take advantage of ayurved, not for any enjoyment. So if you imagine good looking female who give massage with fun then you need to change your views.
Shirodhara Ayurveda Head Massage
If we break shirodhara it gives “shiro” meaning head and “dhara” meaning flow. It is an ancient ayurvedic practice which is practiced in India for about 5000 years. This is a unique concept meant to bring physical and emotional balance and the treatment method consist of dripping of oil to the forehead or third eye for a consistent period of time. It is an outstanding treatment for relieving mental stress and nervous tension.
It acts on the mental layer or “Manomaya Kosha” as described by Ayurveda. The past incidents and impressions are held here and this creates troubled emotions and habitual imbalances or pattern of behavior.
This combination ayurvedic treatment of Shirodhara (forehead oil flow) Mukha & Shiro Abhyanga (face & head massage) is particularly beneficial for any problems of nervous, digestive and reproductive system. A human’s face, head, neck and upper chest regions consists of many acupressure points correlating to the reproductive and digestive systems. This is a calming and detoxifying treatment that uses pure Ayurvedic oil / cream, botanical extracts and herbs working on specific energy points (Marma Points) to help restore balance, relax and relieve stress lines.
Shiroabhyanga and its benefits
- It is a mental and emotional relaxation therapy.
- Highly helpful for insomnia and schizophrenia.
- Good for many diseases connected with the head, neck, eyes, ears, nose and throat.
- Gives firmness to the body by stimulating the nervous system.
- Highly useful for many diseases of the nervous system like nerve disorder, facial palsy, paralysis and drooping of eyelids.
- strengthens the neck and head.
- Reduces headache and burning sensation of the head.
- Revitalize the pituitary glands and cools the body.
- Lymph-flow of the face, neck, arms and upper chest areas
- Calms down nervous system bringing a deepest state of relaxation
- Removes mental stress, anxieties and depression
- Treats Chronic neuro-musculoskeletal disorders
- Treats Hypertension
- Treats headaches and insomnia
- Relaxes face muscles, thereby promoting the regeneration of healthy looking skin
- Removes dandruff, premature graying and hair loss
- Simultaneously healing reproductive system
- Improves digestion and also the health of the skin.
- Brings you spiritual awakening and increases intuition.
- Controls mood swings and depression.
- Your face is rejuvenated and removes worry lines in the face.
- The quality of voice is improved.
>> The specialized forms of shirodhara are the tailadhara, ksheeradhara, takradhara and jaladhara.
Pinda sweda is a rejuvenating therapy that is based on massaging the body with hot cotton bags. These bags are made up from a combination of herbal leaves, rice (boiled in medicated milk), sand or medical powder, which are chosen according to one’s dosha. The body perspires, allowing the heat and herbs to penetrate deep into the skin. This is one of the treatments commonly used to relieve pain and to strengthen tissues. Pinda Sweda is practiced for arthritis, gout, paralysis, spondylosis, sciatica and other vata diseases.
- Lightness of the body;
- Reduced pain and stiffness;
- Better mobility of joints.
Ayurvedic face massage is a cosmetic as well as a deep and effective therapy. This massage is carried out by applying herbal creams, massage oils, honey or herbal liquids, such as pure Aloe Vera, and giving pressure to specific pressure points on the face.
Benefits of the face massage:
1. More relaxed muscles and tissues of face and neck.
2. Improved appearance of skin on the forehead, eyes, nose and mouth.
3. Healthy, glowing skin and reduced puffiness.
4. Reduction in symptoms related to sinusitis, allergies, jaw tension, eye strain, headache, stress, insomnia and many more.
Neck & shoulder massage
In Ayurvedic medicine, neck and shoulders is important as a place that connects body with the head. All arteries and veins which supply to brain have relationship with the neck area. Pains in the neck can be due to an injury, a mechanical or a muscular problem or a rapped nerve. Hence, neck and shoulder massage can ease such neck pains.
Benefits of neck and shoulder massage:
- Reduces muscle pain, ache and tiredness;
- Lubricates joints;
- Reduces tenderness;
- Increases blood circulation.
This procedure involves pouring a controlled stream of different warm liquids (medicated oil or medicated milk) over the body of the patient as well as giving a massage. The process is performed while the person is lying in a specially designed bed. The liquids for the procedure are picked according to one’s dosha or the type of the disease.
Benefits of Sarwangadhara:
- Rejuvenates the entire nervous system and skin;
- Strengthens the body;
- Gives relaxation and inner balance;
- Improves digestion;
- Makes the body lighter;
- Enhances sexual vigor;
- Cures vata doshas disease, muscular ache and dystrophy, rheumatism, osteoarthritis, insomnia and depression.
Gandusha (Medicated gargle)
This is an Ayurvedic technique which involves swishing medicated oil or decoction into the mouth. It is used after the Vamana karma and Nashya. It is helpful for migraine, headache, oral ache, facial paralysis, women hormonal disorders.